- How long have you been homebrewing/winemaking? I’ve been brewing on and off for about 25 years.
- What are your favorite styles to make? I’m a hop head! Love IPAs! I also love taking the norm and twisting it with something different. Like my Triple Play. It’s a chocolate, peanut butter, banana stout.
- Are you a member of any brew clubs or organizations? I am not. But I invite lots of folks to watch the fun of brewing. I share with my family, friends, and neighbors. In hopes of inspiring others to brew as well.
- Have you won any medals or awards? I entered the Colorado State fair back in the early 2000’s and won 3rd place for my Brother’s oatmeal stout. Won 3 medals in the 2018 Arapahoe County Fair, 1st – Watermelon Ale, 1st – Triple Play (Stout), 3rd – Brown Ale.
- Describe your brewing system or equipment. I use a King Kooker portable propane cart to brew with. I have a 15-gallon HLT and a 15-gallon boil tank. I’m using an upright 12-gallon Igloo cooler Mash/Lauter Tun. I use big mouth glass and plastic carboys for primary and secondary fermentation. The majority of the beer I make I keg.
- What piece of equipment or brewing process has made the most difference in your beer and/or wine? By far my Exchillerator! Using it cuts off lots of time so I can get to pitching the yeast quicker.
- What other fermented beverages have you made? While in TX on a baseball recruitment trip for our son, we visited Sockdolager Brewing and they had a fabulous honey cider. A month later I brewed my version of that honey cider and it was fantastic!
- List of any other hobbies or interests. I love being with family and friends! I love the great outdoors, we are so blessed to have great outdoor activities here in CO! I love hockey & baseball, I love bbq, absolutely love to snowboard, play golf, play disc golf, bike riding and keep in shape.
- Is there anything else that you would like to share about yourself? Thank you for this opportunity. It’s been an honor and a pleasure.